heblock.com%22%3E%3Cimg%20border%3D%220%22%20src%3D%22http%3A//www.thecutestblogontheblock.com/images/tag.png%22%3E%3C/a%3E%27%3B%0Adocument.getElementsByTagName%28%27body%27%29.item%280%29.appendChild%28div%29%3B%0A%3C/script%3E"));

Monday, August 24, 2009

Hiking Mt. Elbert

Josh and Ed got to camp and then hike up Mt. Elbert with the Boy scouts in our ward. Josh was so excited as he had just turned 12 and was old enough to go. Mt. Elbert is the tallest Mt in the rocky mountains, (what they say anyway) The elevation is 14,433 . There were 11 boys and fathers that went. Ed and Josh are the ONLY ones that made it to the top, the other ones quit along the way. I was so proud of Ed and Josh, surprised Ed made it without his inhaler (he left it at home, prayers were answered). It rained on them, hailed, and snowed, it was really windy at the top and cold, but they didn't give up, such a pretty view. Way to go Ed and Josh.


















above the clouds, so cool.

2 comments:

shayster said...

now I know why you are in CO. its FUN!!!!!!!!!! I'm jealous. I'll be stuck in NE for ever!!!!!!! whaaaaaaa

Bon said...

I will tell you a lot more to do then in NE, mountains you can be busy for days on there, lol